What is it?
Desktop virtualization transforms desktops and applications into a secure on-demand service available to any user, anywhere, on any device. With Desktop Virtualization , you can deliver individual Windows, web and SaaS applications, or full virtual desktops, to PCs, Macs, tablets, smartphones, laptops and thin clients with a high-definition user experience.
Typically, all the desktop programs, processes and data used are kept on a remote central server, instead of on the local storage of the client device, and run centrally. In this case the client device becomes a terminal and it allows users to access the virtual desktop from any location or client device.
Why would you want it?
Desktop and application virtualization reduces IT costs and increases business agility, providing effective solutions to the top issues facing IT today. These use cases address today’s pressing end user computing issues and challenges, such as providing access to enterprise applications from mobile devices or driving down the costs of supporting PCs. Virtualization solutions by Citrix respond directly to IT needs without compromising security or end user experience. Most importantly it provides the foundation for a future move to a cloud-based delivery model and the significant savings that can bring.
Desktop virtualization offers many advantages over the traditional desktop model and these include:
- Extend enterprise applications to mobile devices with secure remote access from any device, and any location via any connectivity
- enables Mobility and work shifting
- easy way to manage and support services with a dynamic data centre and less complex devices
- simpler provisioning of new desktops
- lower cost of ownership (quicker and easier) application deployment and desktop upgrades
- Secure remote access to enterprise PCs which lead to increase data integrity and security
- Allows the use of thin client to reduce cost and energy
- Server side investment with longer refresh cycles for the desktop infrastructure.
How eSky IT can help
eSky IT can provide you with impartial advice as to which technology is right for your needs. Going one step further back, eSky can provide you with Strategic Consultancy focused on aligning your desktop strategy to your organization’s strategy and future needs.
eSky IT offers a Design and Implementation service, Sizing infrastructure, detailed design, build, test, deployment and handover as well as post implementation Management and Support.
Why eSky IT?
Experts in desktop virtualization, eSky IT has both a proven delivery methodology and the experience to deliver desktop virtualization solutions effectively.
In depth experience is supported by expert staff, high level accreditations and partnerships with the leading vendors of desktop virtualization technology .
Contact eSky to arrange a demo and/or an initial meeting to answer your questions, define your requirements and provide a quotation.
email@example.com or call +201112337788.